UKSS Level 1 Ski Instructor Training - includes SSE membership for 2019
Course fee includes Snowsport England membership for 2019
Snowsport England is the body recognised by Sport England, the CCPR and the International Federation of Snowsports Instructors as the awarding body for snowsports coaching within England.
Many level 1 instructors work part time, some purely for the love of the sport, others for payment.
The level 1 award also provides younger instructors with important life skills which can be transferred to a number of other areas.
This award has three core components:
- The Level 1 training course, this is delivered at a local ski centre and takes a minimum of 2 days or 12 hours
- Further workplace training. This involves you working with a mentor – a more experienced instructor or coach to help you to develop your skiing and coaching abilities.
- The Level 1 Assessment. This can take place at your local ski centre. Some Level 1 Assessments are conducted one on one at a time of your choosing. Other candidates prefer to be assessed together with a group of colleagues. You will be expected to show that you can run a safe coaching session and that your personal skiing is adequate.
In most circumstances candidates are expected to be 16 years of age or older. However a young persons’ training course has been developed for young people actively involved in skiing and sport. These courses can be attended by candidates of 14-16 years of age. Candidates are given a certificate to confirm their ‘trained’ status and can present themselves for assessment after they reach 16 years of age.
To be licenced all coaches and instructors must also:
- Be registered with Snowsport England
- Hold an appropriate first aid certificate
- Have completed a Criminal Record check, now known as a DBS check
- Have attended a safeguarding children course
- Every three years you are required to attend an appropriate course to refresh your award. In the case of the level 1 award that can be a one day refresher course or a level 2 training course
You must be a Snowsport England member before attending the course. You will receive an email with joining instructions and a discount code once you have booked onto this course.
SSE Privacy Notice
THE DEADLINE FOR BOOKING HAS PASSED